Papers in Refereed Journals
- J. Dori and N. Barnea. (1993). A computer aided instruction module on polymers. Journal of Chemical Information and Computer Sciences, 33, 3, 325-331.
- Barnea and Y.J. Dori. (1996). Computerized molecular modeling as a tool to improve chemistry teaching. Journal of Chemical Information and Computer Sciences, 36, 4, 629-636.
- J. Dori and N. Barnea. (1997). In-service chemistry teachers training: the impact of introducing computer technology on teachers' attitudes and classroom implementation. International Journal of Science Education, 19, 5, 577-592.
- Barnea and Y.J. Dori. (1997). Integrating computerized molecular modeling into 10th grade chemistry teaching. Studies in Education, 2, 1, 121-147 (with English abstract).
- Barnea and Y.J. Dori. (1999). High-school chemistry students’ performance and gender differences in a computerized molecular modeling learning environment. Journal of Science Education and Technology, 8, 4, 257-271.
- Barnea and Y.J. Dori. (2000). Computerized molecular modeling the new technology for enhancing model perception among chemistry educators and learners. Chemistry Education: Research and Practice in Europe, 1, 1, 109-120. http://www.uoi.gr/conf_sem/cerapie/2000_January/pdf/16barneaf.pdf
- Stern, N. Barnea, and S. Shauli (2008). The effect of a computerized simulation on middle school students' understanding of the kinetic molecular theory. Journal of Science Education and Technology, 17, 305-315. http://www.springerlink.com/content/03x7306pn0335410
- Barnea, Y.J. Dori and A. Hofstein (2010). Development and implementation of inquiry-based and computerized-based laboratories: reforming high school chemistry in Israel. Chemistry Education Research and Practice 11, 218–228. http://pubs.rsc.org/en/Content/ArticleLanding/2010/RP/C005471M
- Mamlok-Naaman and N. Barnea (2012). Laboratory activities in Israel Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology, 8(1), 49-57.
High School Level -- Textbooks
- Barnea, M. Barak and Y.J. Dori (1999). Structure, chemical bonding and carbon compounds – integrating computerized and physical molecular modeling Faculty of Education in Science and Technology, Technion, Haifa, Israel. 110 pages (in Hebrew).
- Ashkenazi (Author), N. Barnea (Scientific and Pedagogical Consultant) (2013). To Master Matter. Chemistry for the 9th grade, (in Hebrew), 127 pages. Kineret, Zmora, Bitan, ISRAEL.
- Barnea (1997). The use of computer-based analog models to improve visualization and chemical understanding. in J.K. Gilbert (Ed): Exploring Models and Modelling in Science and Technology Education: Contributions from the MISTRE Group, 145-161, The New Bulmershe Papers, University of Reading, UK.
- Barnea (2000). Teaching and learning about Chemistry and Modeling with computer Managed Modeling System in J.K. Gilbert and C.J. Boutler, (Eds): Exploring Models in Science Education, 307-323. Kluwer Academic Publishing. Dordrecht/Boston/London.
- Barak and N. Barnea (2011). The Jigsaw system of case studies as a means for understanding the mentor's and novice's roles. In O. Shatz-oppenheimer, D. Maskit and S. Zilbvershtrom (Eds): To be a teacher, 201-235. (in Hebrew).
Research and Reports in Hebrew
- J. Dori, N. Barnea and T. Kaberman. (1999). 22 High School project evaluation – “BAGRUT 2000” (Matriculation 2000) Project. Research Report for the Chief Scientist, Ministry of Education, 120 pages.
- J. Dori, N. Barnea, R. Lefler, A. Levita, and O. Palmer-Granot (2006). Chemical Education in Israel – Future Directions. In G. Fortuna (ed.) Report on the Chemical Industry's State in Israel towards 2010. Neeman Institute Publication, Haifa, Israel.
- Tassa, N. Barnea, A. Hofstein, D. Mandler and members of the curriculum committee (2009). The new revised curriculum of High school Chemistry for all sectors. Ministry of Education. 178 pages.
Papers in National Journals (in Hebrew).
- Barnea and Y.J. Dori. (1997). A computer aided instruction module on polymers - development and implementation. Dapim, MOFET Institute Publication, 24, 107-124.
- Barnea (2001). Chemistry in the Educational System 2001 – present status and future trends. Bulletin of the Israel Chemical Society, 8, 27-28, Dec.
- Barnea (2002). Evaluation of the topic: Structure and Chemical Bonding” via a questionnaire based on analysis of a scientific paper. Alchemy – Chemistry Teachers Bulletin, 2, 40-51, June.
- Barnea (2002). The status of Chemistry Education in Israeli High-Schools. Bulletin of the Israel Chemical Society, 11, 29, Dec.
- Barnea (2003). Bringing Chemistry back to the Laboratory. Alchemy – Chemistry Teachers Bulletin, 4, 4-10, December.
- Barnea (2003). The status of Chemistry Education in Israeli High-Schools. Bulletin of the Israel Chemical Society, 15, 29, Dec.
- Barnea (2004). Towards the new curriculum of high school Chemistry. Alchemy – Chemistry Teachers Bulletin, 6, 3-4, April.
- Barnea (2005). CHEMIYADA- The Israeli chemistry Olympiad. Alchemy – Chemistry Teachers Bulletin, 8, 58, April.
- Barnea (2006). Report on the status of high school Chemistry today- April 2006. Bulletin of the Israel Chemical Society, 21, 3-4, May.
- Barnea (2006). Report on the participation of the first Israeli delegation in the International Chemistry Olympiad in North Korea IChO 2006. Bulletin of the Israel Chemical Society, 22, 8-9, Dec.
- Barnea (2006). Superintendent column: The first Israeli delegation in the International Chemistry Olympiad in North Korea IChO 2006. Alchemy – Chemistry Teachers Bulletin, 10, 3-4.
- Barnea, Z. Kaberman, and Y.J. Dori (2007). From nationwide standardized testing to embedded assessment: Principals', teachers', and students' attitudes toward “Matriculation 2000” Project. Halacha Lemaashe – From Theory to Practice in Curriculum Development, 19, 9-47.
- Barnea (2009). An internship workshop integrated with mentors training in the Technion. Mofet Institute Buletin, ) 36-42 , 38June).